Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Walking

 I walk for exercise. I used to run or shuffle, but now I walk. The speed is about the same, but I look better walking. Walking in Minnesota is a challenge. It can get very cold and then walking is not much fun. Some folks still do it. Most have dogs. The ice is probably a more serious challenge. It is easy to slip and fall. I do carry my phone so I can send the "I have fallen and can't get up message". I bought some special boots with very short spikes called "Ice bugs" and I highly recommend them. Don'r wear them in the house.

There are no excuses in Hawaii. I suppose maybe once a month there might be a rain with high winds at your walking time, but it is mostly 75-80 and sunny. I have been trying to stretch my distance out a bit from my Minnesota mileage. There is a coffee shop I use as a destination. It is 2.1 miles from our condo. At this point Cindy drops me off and I walk back after spending an hour or so reading and drinking a cup ($3 + tax) for black. Once my feet toughen up a bit I will walk there and back. This will likely be on those days declared beach days. I don't like sitting in the sand.

The scenery on my daily walk is awesome. The trail runs past a golf course and through all the condos. I take pictures and I took more than usual for this post. The interesting thing is you could take the same walk day after day and things change. You never run our of something to photograph. What follows are 10 of maybe 30 I took yesterday. If I do the same thing in a month and I might, the images could be very different.


Palm trees (acai and coconut)



A few from the golf course. More workers than golfers probably explained by the green fees. You can double click an image to enlarge..




Typical vegetation




Finally home and time for a shower







No comments:

Post a Comment