Saturday, February 26, 2022

Such an ignorant thing to do

 


Maybe it is just the crazy way my brain works, but present circumstances in the world keep bringing the song Sting sang in the mid '80s running through my consciousness. The song was called "Russians" and the song concerned the foolishness of the nuclear threat the Russians and the U.S. had created to each other. In a war that could not be won from the perspective of an American, there is a line that comes as close as anything to offering a hopeful perspective:

But what might save us, me and you
Is if the Russians love their children too

I can't say I am against all wars because there are certain values that must be defended and certain wrongs that must be confronted. From the Russian perspective, I just can't see in this case what justification the Russian people would see in the invasion of Ukraine.



No comments:

Post a Comment