Friday, February 18, 2022

Aflac, not the actor

 My wife and Natasha have mentioned several times in past week seeing Aflac with his family around the island. We were driving past the golf course that is near our condo and they spotted him again. Cindy turned the car around, parked the car in the course lot, and she and Natasha took off with their phones to get photos. Annoyed, I tried to stop them and said they needed to leave the poor guy alone. 

It turns out I thought they were talking about Ben  Affleck the actor and not Aflac the snow goose that some how ended up on Kauai and eventually was adopted as an honorary NeNe. Cindy patiently explained they never used Ben when they described their sightings and Aflac comes from the Goose in the car insurance commercial. 


Once I finally understood, I realized I have pictures of Aflac from this year and at least one previous year. Somewhere, in a past year, there is a post with the title “One of these is not like the others”. 


Here is a more recent photo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment