Monday, February 21, 2022

No fish, let's go

 The Hanapepe Swinging Bridge is an interesting historical relic and moves enough to make you feel uneasy when you cross with another person. The present bridge is a replica of the original built in 1911. Oleg told me when soldiers cross such a bridge they march using alternate feet to reduce the movement of the bridge. I tried it, but I could not sense a difference. The bridge is a bit of a drive from Princeville, but we were in the neighborhood anyway to retrieve the credit card I forget at the last place I paid. 

Oleg is one dedicated fisherman. He notices when he sees anyone fishing in the ocean and wanted to know about the price of a license. Ocean fishing is free. If you take a boat, the fish belong to the boat. He was the first on the bridge and when I caught up with him he let me know there were no fish. As for the title, I added the part about "let's go".






No comments:

Post a Comment