Monday, March 18, 2019

Where locals really eat

By now, we have had the opportunity to dine at many different restaurants and diners. There have been few disappointments. We usually make a choice based on the desire to try a place we have not tried before and after checking Yelp, a recommendation from a friend or a friend of a friend, or a map service just to see what is within range. The expression “a popular local hangout” or “where locals like to eat” often carries some weight. It usually means good food at a reasonable price and unlikely to be overpopulated by tourists. If you have been reading my posts you should know that I can get the “locals rate” at my favorite coffee shop so I have taken myself out of the tourist category.

After taking our friends to the airport so they could pick up a rental car, we decided to go to Costco to fill the car with gas, pick up a few items, and get something to eat. The line for food was very long and the many tables for dining were all filled. Just looking at the crowd, I decided that the list of where locals prefer to eat purposefully avoided the obvious. None of the other establishments we visited were as popular as the Costco outdoor dining area. I am a big fan of the giant hot dog and soda for $1.50. Cindy likes the açaí bowls. Now that I can consider myself a local, I might as well admit that I eat where the other locals really eat.





No comments:

Post a Comment