Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Spring Break

There comes a time in every midwesterner's idyllic trip to avoid the cold of January through March when it happens - Spring break. Those college kids have told mom and dad that they have been slaving away for months now and deserve the opportunity to find a place to have some fun in the sun. It is time for somewhere with sand and water and others their own age wanting to escape as well.


I noticed them down on the rocks just the other day. This is where the surfers come to launch themselves out into the ocean. No one had a board. No one had a tan. Young and paste white visitors have invaded. 

I have to admit that they have been well behaved so far. No wild parties. No beer cans were thrown about on my front lawn. I guess it really isn't my lawn, but I still like it green and clean of trash. This seems to be a very subdued bunch. It could be they just arrived and are trying to shake off the effects of the long flight. A quick look at the water and then maybe a nap. Not likely.

I do kind of miss college students though. Too many grey hairs here until recently. A mix of folks always works best. If I can't do crazy things myself, I can still watch and remember. While I may think "get off my grass", I can still direct you to the beach. Use sunscreen, but only that kind that doesn't damage the coral. 

Welcome to paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment