Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Poke


From time to time, I have described some unique foods we have come to appreciate and associate with Hawaii. While I have discovered it is possible to find these foods elsewhere, these foods are common here and are available in many establishments.

Poke is something I have eaten several times each week. It is typically made from raw ahi tuna cut into small cubes and served seasoned with soy sauce and various other ingredients. It is commonly served with rice and edamame or a seaweed salad. I really have grown fond of the sea week and it is always my choice.




When we returned from Hawaii last year Cindy noticed an ad for a restaurant serving poke In Minneapolis. I think the fish appeals to the healthy food crowd. I searched to find the restaurant and it turns out Minneapolis has multiple places you can find poke.


No comments:

Post a Comment