Sunday, March 24, 2019

Death by coconut


I think these guys are following us around. It seems they go from housing complex to housing complex trimming back the palms. This tree was close so I got a good shot eye-to-eye.

Watching these guys climb is intriguing. They seem to be able to go up even the skinniest trunks (see the guy in the background). They remove the oldest palm fronds, but any coconuts that are beginning to form. The bottom fronds begin to break so removing them is about appearance. I thought the coconuts could be a matter of safety. No housing complex wants to be responsible for damage done by a falling coconut. 

I thought "death by coconut" would make a clever title for this post. I thought I should search to see if it was a real thing. It is, but it is exaggerated in those "you are more likely to be killed by a falling coconut than ...." campaigns. It turns out also to be the name of a beer made in Colorado. Colorado?

No comments:

Post a Comment