Friday, February 8, 2019

Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden

We have visited the Big Island before. My first visit was back in 2010. I was not writing a travel blog at the time, but I was storing some pictures on the Internet. When you return to the same place, you are likely to visit many of the same attractions. This was the case with the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens. I admit that I could not identify many of the species I saw. Cindy recognized several as house plants growing in the wild. If you are interested, there is an identifier on the garden web site.

We enjoy botanical gardens and there are probably images of other gardens we have visited from other trips. An orchid house is common in such locations. The difference here is that you can view the orchids in the wild.


Orchid pictures are beautiful, but I thought I would offer something a little different. The following are pictures that I think are interesting, but are not of flowers.






The tropical garden is situated on a densely wooded hillside sloping down to the ocean. I can remember the following view from our visit in 2010 and could not resist capturing it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment