Saturday, February 23, 2019

Desktop photos and screen savers

Use use the photos I take in several ways. I upload and organize some into sets in Flickr. These would be the best photos saved from individual trips or events. I pay $50 a year for this service.  I back up most of the photos I take to Google Photos. The free Google account does not save camera photos in full resolution but is unlimited and free. There is a paid service if you want to save full resolution images, but I don’t really need two such accounts. I constantly move photos and videos off my phone to keep space available. Both Flickr and Google Photos offer ways to share photos with friends and family or the public.

I store some images on my computers. My desktop computer has a large screen and this screen is perfect for showing off some of my best pictures. I will often leave my computer on when we have guests so they can view these images as they are randomly displayed. The technique I used was designed as a screen saver, but offers a great way to display your photos. The newest Macintosh operating system some very interesting options for screen savers. The photos they offer are spectacular, but I prefer to use my own. I like to use the option displayed below. This option displays a random set of photos from a set you designate and then brings one of these to full size.

This images is displayed for a length of time you set and then moves to another photo.


Some of the photos I select for my computer background images are probably not the type of photos many people take. I am looking for images that are interesting and what I consider artistic. These are not typically pictures of people. These photos either have a lot of blank space or a pattern that I think is interesting. This is what I want as a background while I work.

Here is a sample of images from this trip I think make good background material.







You can set a Mac to use different collections of photos for screen saves and backgrounds so this opportunity is great for the two purposes I address.

No comments:

Post a Comment