Sunday, February 10, 2019

French Breakfast


I post few food photos. I am hardly a foodie and unless you count poke I eat little that others might find unusual. This photo is an exception because it comes with a story about the people I meet in Hawaii. 

Many I meet here come from somewhere else. I am talking about locals and not all of the tourists that seem to come from the west, midwest, and Canada. Last year I offered a description of the barista at my favorite coffee shop. She came to Kauai to be a teacher and then moved on to make lattes because it was more lucrative and provided a way to stay on the island. The woman who visited and then stayed to surf and start a chocolate farm would be another example. 

The authentic parisian cuisine was prepared by authentic parisians. Actually, I don't really know if they are from Paris, but their accent is authentic French in origin. Their Facebook page tells their story of multiple trips to Hawaii to scope out where they might start a business. I know there are places that are very cosmopolitan and I have visited a few over the years. What is interesting about Hawaii is the heterogeneous mix of people within a relatively small population. 

I have no idea what I would have to offer if I wanted to make a living here, but I certainly find the islands a great place to visit for the boring part of the midwest winters.



No comments:

Post a Comment