Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Well, the house is a rockin'

Well, the house is a rockin', don't bother knockin

I can't get that lyric out of my head. You can probably find Stevie Ray Vaughan playing and singing this rock standard on YouTube.

When we left port a week ago, the Captain said we would have smooth seas until today. Actually, what he said was we would have smooth seas and then today we would have some fun

Humor is an art form and some folks are just not good at it - even when they think we are.

Things did start getting interesting last evening and folks were staggering down the halls with or without being under the influence.

Neither of us is particularly sensitive to motion sickness so the experience has been somewhat interesting. The one time I became sick from motion sickness I was airborne in a Huey. This is the military helicopter with the two big rotors. We were flying on a day when warm air thermals were being generated by the fields below and the two rotors would hit these updrafts at slightly different times causing the helicopter to buck. Not good.

The experience here is different and a side to side motion. Cindy turns to me last night and wondered if anyone would roll out of bed. I have no idea if this ever happens but after thinking about the possibility for a bit I suggested passengers should lay on their backs or fronts and this would make less likely that they would generate the inertia to roll.

I wonder if the experience midship is different from staying in a room overlooking the water. If one is more sensitive to the side to side rocking motion, I also wondered if one should try sleeping sideways.

Anyway, we will see what the rest of the day brings. I tried taking a picture but the swells do not appear as giant waves you might see approaching a beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment