Saturday, April 14, 2018

At sea - day 1

So we have cleared port, found our room, sat through our safety briefing, had a steak and glass of wine, and slept through most of the night. Food on this trip could be a problem for me. It is great and available almost as entertainment. We did not get the enhanced drinks package because we did not think we could consume enough to make paying by the glass or bottle a better deal. I am already experiencing harassment for my food choices - I guess I am expected to eat things neither of us has heard of before. What is wrong with a Ceaser salad, a good steak, and cheesecake. With the cheesecake, I asked for the peach topping which was actually something new for me. I bet Cindy cannot remember the names of the strange things she ate.

Watching the water go by is peaceful, but not that great for exciting photos. Maybe I will take a picture of the sunset this evening. There are plenty of interesting things to photograph on the boat. I was wrong about shuffleboard. I don't think they have it. I think the old folks play croquet.

There are plenty of things to do. I am not big on dancing and do not intend to take lessons. Music is good. There are lectures and shows. The lecture today is "Behind the scenes at the White House".  That reminds me, we had a nice chat with some Canadians at dinner. I started laughing when I overheard their comments about U.S. politics and that led to some comparisons of our leaders. We were in agreement regarding which seems to be the worst, but neither ended up with any fans.

A couple of photos to complete this post. One from our escape from port and the other of Cindy in one of the many nooks on board.




No comments:

Post a Comment