Friday, March 11, 2022

Turnips?


 

You get used to finding produce you don't find back in Minneapolis in farmers markets. Or, you encounter things you recognize, but that have grown to an abnormally large size in Kauai. It was the latter case with what appeared to be large radishes. You can see a white version of the same vegetable in the background. It was good we asked. These are turnips. 

Turnips to me don't look like this. They have a pinkish top and a white bottom, but evidently they grow a different variety in Kauai. Now that I own my very own turnip what do I do with it? I know there is some expression about falling off a turnip truck, but since I don't really know what that means, the expression offers little help? Do you cook it in some way or cut it up and throw it in with the other stuff you add to a salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment