Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Cook Pine

 




These are Cook Pines (I think). It has a very interesting appearance with branches that seem further apart than the pines familiar to those of us from the midwest. A closeup of the branches show that the "needles" also have a different appearance.


The tree is obviously popular as a tree for the yard and it just seems strange mixed with palm trees. I have also noticed some cell towers camouflaged as Cook pines.

There is a specific tree that has attracted my attention over the past several weeks. It seems to put the home next to it in a precarious position and because I noticed this tree along my walk route I assumed something had changed to create this situation. I am used to pines toppling over as I think they have a shallow root system and a heavy wind after a heavy rain can sometimes drop a healthy tree. I finally went to the location of this tree to see if this was the case and it was not. The trunk of the tree just seems to be bending. I am surprised the home owner has not had the tree taken down.






No comments:

Post a Comment