Thursday, January 20, 2022

Coffee filters and shaving creme

Kauai is four times zones removed from Minneapolis and it takes some time to adjust. We ended up getting to bed about 2 in the morning so we were really tired, but still I woke up extremely early. 

My mind keeps working on issues and I find it hard to stop. This morning the focus was on coffee filters and shaving creme. This may seem the type of thing most people don't focus on, but I did figure out just why it was the case. In Kauai essentials are very expensive. Very expensive. COSTCO has made the bold move of opening a store here which must have really annoyed the local merchants. Gas alone is worth the membership fee. The difference is 50-60 cents a gallon. You drive to COSTCO from pretty much anywhere on the island and the cost savings would pay for the trip to fill your tank. We buy nearly everything at COSTCO.

We have nothing here to eat or drink.  I knew morning coffee would be an issue so I brought some with me, No filters - the round type 12 cup. The host left one Kauai coffee ready pack for the coffee maker. I also should get some shaving creme. I should shave every few days or so Hawaii or not.

What do coffee filters and shaving creme have to do with COSTCO. I am not certain you can get coffee filters there and shaving creme comes in four packs (enough for about a year), I could buy shaving creme, but I don't want to pack it out. I decided I could give a can to guests as a welcome to Hawaii present - better than a lei. I worked all of this out while most people were still sleeping. 

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment