Sunday, August 25, 2019

Mark and his buff

I will try to generate a couple of posts this morning. I skipped the morning outing to deal with a digestive track issue. A little Imodium should fix it. No, I did not use tap water when I brushed my teeth. Part of the morning outing involved a hike into the bush to visit a village so this seemed a little risky for my condition.

One of the items you need when riding a Jeep through the parks is called a buff. It is a versatile item of clothing men use pulled up over your mouth and nose as shown in the picture below. Some women wear it a little differently to cover their hair. It resembles the bandanas I see the ATVers wearing on the trails near our Wisconsin cabin. Same principle - don’t breath the dirt.

I became a believer after our first outing. It did not seem dusty, but I later developed a nasty burning sensation in my sinuses and ended expelling this bloody stuff from my nose. Since that excursion, I have buffed up.

I apologize for my capacity to describe events in graphic detail.



I may appear to you as very tired in this photo. I did take it at 4:00 in the morning, but my body no longer has any idea what time it is so early morning hours don't really mean anything. It is also possible that I always look like this and others have grown accustomed to my look. When I see myself, I am always a little disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment