Sunday, August 11, 2019

A life of exploration

I have been lucky enough to travel a lot. Cindy and I worked in education and early on even after summer school classes were completed we had a couple of weeks to drive around the country. We eventually were able to fly and this allowed us to visit other countries. Cindy ended up taking me places I would likely have not visited if I was making the decisions myself. In a few days, we are headed to South Africa. This is one of those trips of a lifetime. I had to consider a bucket list, but I admit this was the present Cindy and I gave each other for turning 70. I hope I will be able to post frequently, but even if I cannot find a way to connect, I will eventually provide some comments. I enjoy reviewing the past trips I have chronicled here. We all make our own memories, but I hope my comments and pictures provide something of interest for others.

I have written a blog since 2002. This is pretty close to the time when blogs first appeared. Early on I combined my multiple interests in this blog and I have rediscovered some early trip memories by going through old blog posts. I see that I was not as dedicated in the old days, but this set of posts from Alaska has some great bear pictures (2008). Daughter Kim and boyfriend, now husband, Jim, worked in Alaska on a whale-watching boat and we made the journey to visit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment