Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Geolocation

I had to write a quick addition to my previous post explaining how to geolocate an image. I was aware of this capability and I have explained in multiple times as a capability educators and their students might use. What I learned today was that this capability could be utilized in Blogger and my travel blog.

So, here is a tutorial on geotags in photos taken with the iPhone. When used on the iPhone geotagged images can be geolocated as shown in the following image. I then used the location assigned in the photo collection on my phone to recognize that these images were taken near Green River, UT, and used this address to assign a location for the post in Blogger.


I don't have an android phone at this time, but I know previous phones I have owned would also allow the addition of the geotag to the EXIF (information available from the camera such as camera settings and the geotag) stored in the image file. 

No comments:

Post a Comment