Sunday, September 16, 2018

Caffeine is everywhere



Some folks like craft beers or fine wine and hone an appreciation for the difference between average and superior beverages. Me - I am an above average coffee consumer. I can differentiate Folgers from pretty much everything else and know that Starbucks despite its efforts to offer a consistent product does not necessarily offer the best brews or the most skilled baristas. I am partial to the light roast or Pike Place rather than the dark coffees when working at Starbucks. I drink dark coffee only as a cafe au lait.

One of my personal joys in travel by car is to spend long days (today was about 8 hours) on the road listening to sporting events, podcasts, MSNBC, and audio books (Woodward's Fear for this trip). We stopped at this drive-thru on our way out of Moab this morning and the lattes were pretty decent, but a little expensive. You have to expect inflation in tourist towns.

Stay awake out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment