Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Food blog for a day


This post is intended mostly for those who follow me on Facebook and may have encountered posts by lisado5 as a consequence. Lisado5 is Natalia Provotorova who we call Natasha. She has tried to explain Russian names to me many times, but I can never figure out how it works. They seem to have several names each. They seem to be able to keep the system straight, but I cannot. Many of those I have met seem to sometimes use the same names - e.g., Dima, Natasha. I used to call these folks our Russian friends, but this has not really been accurate for several years so I should describe them as our friends out west.

Natasha is famous among her Instagram and Facebook friends for the pictures of what she makes in the kitchen. She makes amazing things both in taste and appearance. We have been enjoying her treats since we have arrived, but I thought the following picture best described her approach. Yes, it is a picture of her refrigerator.


Maybe your fridge looks like this too, but not ours - very organized and neat. You can see the cake we enjoyed last evening and I am told there are more to come.

Natasha told me I was getting a guest sized piece. She described this as mousse cake with tart cherries and chocolate biscuits. I would say as hobbies go, I am certainly glad this is hers. There has to be a business her somehow. I can imagine sitting in a fancy coffee shop having a piece (smaller) of this cake and a latte.


We had a great evening on the patio retelling old stories and catching up.


Oleg, Lindsey, and Natasha



No comments:

Post a Comment