Friday, January 19, 2018

Spam

We have got some sleep, settled in, and made a trip to the grocery for supplies. We are liven' Hawaiin now.


This was supposed to be a joke. A tourist joke. I don't like being considered a tourist. If I stay a couple of weeks or more, I would just like to be considered an older person wandering about.

The Spam thing is interesting and has a history. At lunch yesterday, they brought our bill in an empty Spam can. I asked the waiter about this suggesting that there was nothing on the menu that contained Spam. I admit this was an old guy tourist thing to do, but I wanted to point out that I have been around the block a time or two and have even visited the Spam museum where I asked about Hawaii and Spam. He said the Spam was on the breakfast menu. This kind of eliminated the opportunity for me to tell the story about the Spam museum.



No comments:

Post a Comment