Monday, January 29, 2018

Amazon is everywhere


Kauai, HI, is not a large place. You can drive most of the way around the island in a couple of hours. It can feel like you have made the flight to a very remote place.


We had lunch today in the village of Hanapepe and the shop where we ate has this contraption for making cold brew coffee. It reminds of the type of thing I put together in a college chemistry course. The sign explains that it is for making cold drip coffee. I fancy myself a coffee experts and I am aware of cold coffee, but I had not seen such a device before.

I decided that I really did not know how to produce cold brew coffee so I should do some online research. I searched for cold brew and saw the picture of this exact device at the top of the page - available from Amazon for $480.  

The people of Hawaii would likely resent any assumptions I might make about their connection to the rest of the country and to Amazon. On a related note, Cindy informed me that a replacement for the Apple remote we forgot for our Apple TV would be arriving later today at the condo from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment