Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fantasy failure

Located in the deep woods or not, Sunday is still the day for football. Time to check my fantasy team. I have never been a fan of the fantasy game. You should root for one team and stick with your team. Being loyal is a big thing with me.

I have been participating in a fantasy league to keep other people happy. It seems to be the thing to do.


My team has been struggling. Today I am down 50-12 while having more men in play than my opponent. My quarterback earned one point today - two interceptions and no touchdowns. I did draft Tom Brady, but then I remember that he was ineligible for the first four games. I told everyone else that I thought this was a good move because the others thinking they were smart passed him up. I would have him for all, but the first four games. There are more quarterbacks - I think mine got to play the entire game. My players seem to be turning in poor performances just to spite me.

I see there is a button labeled "get a team". Maybe I should give that a try.

My wife keeps trying to explain this fantasy thing to me. "You have to drop some players and look for better ones," she says. I try to explain my loyalty thing to her, but she says that is not how the game is played. 

Just wait - Tom Brady will return and my fortunes will turn around. This is probably why they call it fantasy football.

BTW - the Vikings (the team to which I am loyal) did win today (again). Take that all you midwest loser Packer fans. 



No comments:

Post a Comment