Saturday, September 24, 2016

Cold showers are free


I am in the midst of an area of great beauty so the photo of the day may be a bit confusing. There is no reasonable explanation for what I find amusing.

I was in the campground bathroom ready to take my shower and I saw this sign. We had been warned when we checked in that showers cost $1 so I was not surprised by the charge. For whatever reason, I read the sign until the end. The last line is what caught my attention - cold showers are free. Now, this is the fall and temps are in the 50s. Somehow, the thought of attempting a cold shower was funny. If you can afford the campground, saving a buck on a shower seemed pretty funny.

I laughed and took out my phone to take a picture. It seemed that guy shaving looked at me strange when I left the shower stall. Not sure how he interpreted my laughter and the sound of a camera shutter. He did say something, but his Maine accent prevented me from understanding. I wished him a good day and headed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment