Friday, February 5, 2016

Red Neck Foodie

We eat way too much stuff. I know that obesity is a serious problem in the south and I am about to fall into the same predicament. The food is really good and too often fried.

This is our second prolonged southern trip and we have identified some favorites. Today we made a second visit to the Biscuit King. I cannot remember how we first visited this location. You drive out into the country some distance from Gulf Shores. The establishment is located in this strange style of building that reminds me of a quonset hut. This year it appears to have received a new paint job.


I am a fan of the breakfast options. The Biscuit King is known for biscuits. If  you have tried the McDonalds breakfast biscuit, think tastier, larger, and about the same cost. I had a smoked sausage, egg, and cheese and a cinnamon/apple for desert. Far more than I should have taken on. However, in order to write about food, you must consume food. Five stars, two thumbs up, and a blue ribbon from this food expert.



On the way out, I noticed this sign and decided I had to comment. I in no way endorse some of the political views that are common in the south. I guess free speech gives people the right to create such signs. However, I have a similar right to disagree and to say why.  Certain decisions in life are personal and the actions based on the beliefs guiding these decisions represent no threat to others. 






No comments:

Post a Comment