Monday, September 25, 2017

Folgers for All

The fall trip for 2017 will take us to the Ozarks. Our original plan was to go West, but the fires in so many areas caused us to change our original plan. We have decided to visit the Ozarks.

As long as our health and mental capacity hold, we enjoy travel by car and camping. We no longer sleep on the ground, but have settled on a smaller camper - the rPod. It is perfect for our needs and interests. I am not a fan of air travel and I enjoy driving as a time to look and think. We have books. blogs, and music on the radio and have a great time making decisions about direction and side trips as we go.

Rest stops in different states have always been a source of interest. Many are constructed to reflect something interesting about the state.

Our entry into Iowa allowed us to visit an "information center and rest stop" built in the form of a barn and silo. The barn was a two-story affair. Within the barn, I noticed a second mini-barn on the second floor. A coffee bar in the shape of a barn.



Coffee is my thing so I headed up the stairs. I had hopes of a latte or an assortment of fine brews allowing choice and maybe even samples. Nope. One option. Now, I am pretty sure that the $1.50 cup I purchased was Folgers. It was warm and it was coffee. Maybe if it was early in the morning and I needed to hit the road it would be sufficient, but I had hoped for more in the middle of the afternoon, 

I know I may sound like a snob, but a fancy barn within a barn should serve something other than a generic brew. My kids would expect something other than Bud Light if the barn within a barn was offering beer. This just happens to be my personal bias.

On the road and searching for some Tanzanian Peaberry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment