Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Double double

We finally have set up the gpod (Grabe rPod) and can look forward to staying in one place tomorrow. No real problems with the assembly except figuring out how to light things that depend on the propane. It turns out the stove you light with a lighter and the hot water heater starts when you throw a switch. This was not logical to me. I assumed I would test the stove so I knew the propane was filled and open and then start the hot water heater. I assumed both would work in the same way.


Here is an inside view sitting on the bed and looking toward the other end. Big enough for us as long as we are in pleasant moods.

One thing I noticed about driving long days is that I get very little exercise. There are probably some folks who would get up at 6 and run a couple miles, have breakfast, and then hit the road. There was never a time in my life when this was possible. And, after 500 miles on the road I am usually too tired to do anything in the evening. Tomorrow there will be no excuses.

I was thinking about what a great combination of driving and exercise would look like. Basketball has this thing called a double double. It means a player has generated double digits in two categories. Usually, this would be points and rebounds. For a point guard, it might be points and assists. I suppose blocks might also qualify, but a double digit block game would be very rare.

So a double double on the road might be 10,000 steps and 500 miles. This would be a very special accomplishment for anyone over 65.

I think achieving my newly designated distance double double within two days should be my immediate goal. 500 miles today, 10,000 steps tomorrow.

[Clermont, FL]

No comments:

Post a Comment