Tuesday, October 17, 2023

The sixth continent (Antartica is close, but I don't need to visit them all))

 We are on another adventure. This time to explore the very south of South America. Most people would recognize Patagonia if for no other reason than the clothing brand and Patagonia is considered part of this trip.

I hate long plane flights and it is a long way from Minneapolis to Santiago, Chile. I just cannot sleep on planes and that makes these long flights (8+hours from Atlanta to Santiago) challenging. This has always been the case, but I made it again and now need a day or so to recoup. We are traveling on a smaller expedition ship that follows the coast and after a couple of days at sea they will start sending us ashore for excursions.





WIFI could be a challenge because the boat must rely on a satellite link and we must share. I like to include photos in my posts so we will have to see when I attempt to upload this first post.


Coming into Santiago. 





Once through customs we got on a bus and drove to the seaport of Valparaiso. We are on a Viking ship and they are very nice. I will have to get a photo of the ship when we take one of the side trips and I can get the entire ship in a photo without obstructions.








We have been waiting for the other people to make their way to the ship and will; leave at about 9 this evening. I will be sleeping by them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment