Sunday, October 29, 2023

Cape Horn

 We are nearing the end of our journey and just rounding Cape Horn making our way to Ushuaia where we catch a plane. The map appearing below shows the location where I took some of these photos.


My only knowledge of Cape Horn was based on what I read in Mitchner's Hawaii in which the author described the perilous journal of the missionaries sailing from New England around the cape on the way to Hawaii. It sounded very rough and dangerous. 

Some on the boat got up to watch from the deck (with drinks) as rounding the Cape the first time is supposed to have some special significance. We watched from our window (Cindy might have had some tea.)


The boat did sway a bit, but nothing I thought was extreme. I went up to the dining/library area to have a coffee and generate a blog post and found that there was some damage as guests had either stumbled with plates or things must have fallen from tables.










No comments:

Post a Comment