Friday, October 20, 2023

Castro Tourism Photos

 I have a couple more photos I wanted to post today because I should accumulate some great nature photos tomorrow and I want to keep up with the activities of our trip. I would describe these as tourism photos because I have seen similar shots before I visited and I ended up taking similar images myself. Click the second image to view it as a larger image.



When we first arrived and before we went through what amounted to security Cindy headed for the stall of a local vender with money to spend. The lady did not speak English and Cindy does not speak Spanish so they became acquainted and decided on the price for a piece of wood using Google translate. This is such a Cindy thing. 

The wood she purchased ended up being related to a couple of experiences during the rest of our visit. The wood in the churches (previous post) and the stilts used to elevate the houses along the beach are made of this wood. Cindy thought it was a word she did not understand (alerce) that was translated as larch.





No comments:

Post a Comment