Thursday, January 19, 2023

Koloa/Poipu Arrival

 We have returned to Kauai - 2023. The trip was long as usual and we had middle seats but the planes were new and all in all, it was comfortable. We discovered one glitch this morning. There was a problem with our TSA pre-check and we had to go through the regular process. Cindy missed the bin with her iPad and now it hopefully is in the Minneapolis Airport lost and found. Time for a new ipad anyway, but there are security issues.

Scheduling issues have resulted in a more complex housing arrangement for this year and we will eventually move three times. We will eventually end up at our usual accommodations, but we are trying out some new locations this year out of necessity. Our present condo is very nice and is near a beach we know well in Poipu. For those who have followed out past trips, we are just up the road from the Puka Dog shop. I am guessing several dogs we be consumed because of this proximity Our present location is nearly at the exact opposite side of the island from our usual location near Princeville.


We have a view of the ocean and beach over the top of several other buildings in the same complex. Our unit is on the third floor and must be reached by stairs. I am guessing it would have been impractical to provide an elevator for each unit. Bags for a multi-month trip are nearly 40 pounds each and I am getting pretty old, but I managed to get everything to the rooms with only a few stops for deep breathing on the landings along the way. First impression - much nicer condo, beach visits will take a 5-10 minute walk. As is widely known, I am more concerned about the distance to a great coffee shop than a great beach. Cindy found one for me and will walk with me a few times so I learn the route and do not end up lost. 


We were really tired when we arrived, but we needed food and I have already had my first poke bowl. 









No comments:

Post a Comment