Friday, January 27, 2023

Coffee Shops

 I have visited a large proportion of the coffee shops on Kauai. I fancy myself an expert on coffee shops of a certain type. This category of people does not just like good coffee, but values a place they can work in a comfortable atmosphere with just enough people to keep things interesting. A noise level must exist, but not be distracting. So coffee trucks and small walk-up, but don't sit-down shops, don't really work. Shops in Kauai may have outside seating which is great, but there must be a covering of some type over the tables because of the sun's brightness and heat.


This is my present frequent "work" setting - Little Fish Coffee. The lattes here are incredible and I have checked with Cindy and daughter Lynn who agree. I have a favorite work table (not shown) that is under a tree.

There is one issue that makes this shop a risk. The location is about a mile walk from our condo and the seating is limited. It is very possible to make the walk (still within my old guy range, but the experience can be hot depending on time of day) and find that the two good tables under the tree and maybe even the three worthless umbrella tables are occupied. Then what? Seating of any type can be limited. 

So far, I have had good luck. There is just enough uncertainty in this venture to make it interesting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment