Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Naniboujou

Don't ask me to pronounce it. I would come up with something that sounds like a child's taunt and offend people. We had dinner at this "lodge" after crossing into the U.S. on our way back to the lake. Naniboujou reminds me of the elegance of another time for those who traveled in style or perhaps to some of the lodges in U.S. National Parks. This lodge goes back to the 1920 and the guests we shared the dining room with were a mix of scruffy travelers and wealthy looking guests spending a few days. I always enjoy being a part of the former group in this type of mix.









Walleye sandwich - my favorite

Hard to know if this will be our last outing of the year. It is time to winterize the rPod and enjoy the colors around our lake place. I don't post leaf pictures to our travel blog, but I have yet to find another location that matches the fall colors of northern Wisconsin. 

Thanks for reading






No comments:

Post a Comment