Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sticker People

 I have joined the sticker people. After a year or so of careful analysis. I think I have it figured out. There seem to be two major decisions to be made. First, what will you put your stickers on, and then what topic will your stickers address? Stickers probably evolved from bumper stickers and possibly reflect the decline in reading ability caused by too much screen time. I will have to work on my history of sticky things as a means of self-expression a little more, but I am going with bumper stickers begat stickers for now.

As to locations, I see lots of stickers on rear view windows of pickups, water bottles, backpacks, and computers. Pickup owners like human silhouettes, deer heads, dog heads, and guns. There is a clear male versus female difference here, How many silhouettes of voluptuous women have you ever seen on the driver's side rear window. I am guessing women go with dogs. Teens plaster their water bottles with band and athletic team symbols. The one I think is funny is that giant tongue. That band's average age makes me look like a youngster. Really young sticker lovers like unicorns for their backpacks. 

Then there is me. After careful study, I have decided to tastefully decorate the protective cover of my iPad with coffee shop stickers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment