Saturday, January 20, 2024

Kalamata Olives

 


Just for the record - I did not bet someone I could write a blog post about any topic they could name. This is a legit issue in my life.

I am a big fan of olives. Kalamata olives are my favorite and I eat them with pretty much any type of meal. I found the brand of Olives I show here in Costco and have been buying them there for several years. I like the price and the large jar. At one point they had an even larger jug which I kept in the beer fridge and used it to refill the jar of this size I kept in the house.

The last few times we went to Costco in the Twin Cities I could not find my beloved olives. This sometimes happens with the big box stores because they expect providers to offer products at a low cost and pressure the providers with the potential of a big order. They also do not keep products that do not sell well to prioritize shelf space. The Kalamatas seemed a stable product and then they were gone. There is no Kirkland olive so I don't know what to think.

I come to Kauai with its high prices and limited selection and what do I find in Costco but my favorite oliove. Now I am puzzled. Should I be concerned that Costco Kauai has yet to get the memo or maybe they are just selling out their remaining stock to make room for more Spam. Should I make a return trip and purchase more bottles? So many difficult decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment