Tuesday, January 23, 2024

If you don't like the weather

 No, I am not complaining about the weather in Kauai. It is great. I am referring to the common expression "if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes."  I have heard many people say this and I thought it unlikely it could be attributed to anyone, but Mr. Google claims otherwise. If I were to be credited with saying something wise or pithy, I would prefer something with greater depth. I guess that is not how attribution works.

We are staying in Waimea and this places us close to the road leading to the Waimea Canyon overlooks. This a spectacular view and we take anyone who visits to see the sight. The wait a minute part of the phrase about the weather should have been coined here. We have been at the summit completely socked in with fog and people have left in disgust. We learned to watch the clouds and if they seem to be moving to stick around. I have a video somewhere of the fog clearing out allowing a full view of the canyon and then disappearing again within a couple of minutes. Check the archives if you are interested.

Yesterday we didn't see much, but drove part of the way to the top anyway because we are staying so close. I thought the photos were kind of artsy anyway. As always, if you want a better look at my photos, click on the one that interests you and it should enlarge.





No comments:

Post a Comment