Saturday, September 16, 2023

Jam Pot

 Cindy wanted to give the Jam Pot a try. I didn’t. I did not think it looked big enough to have  places to sit. It turned out we were both right. My first glance impression was the establishment was run by a last stand group of 60s hippies. I was close. 

The Jam Pot is operated by a skete. Some online research informed me that a skete is a small group of European Christian monks who organize seeking isolation and solitude. They certainly found the perfect place. They run a small business making jams from local berries and a bakery. They take the winter months off which provides the solitude they value for prayer and meditation.


We did not purchase any jam, but we bought this giant thing I first thought was a loaf of some exotic bread. It turned out to be more the consistency of a very, very large muffin - banana, walnut, cherry something. Incredibly good. 







No comments:

Post a Comment