Thursday, July 22, 2021

McLain State Park and Home

 We just returned home and I have the wifi connection I need to upload a few final pictures. Spending time in this region would be a good experience for those politicians doubting the need for Internet infrastructure improvements. A good part of the time we had no phone reception. These were taken in the during our stay at McClain State Park (Michigan). Perhaps the nicest park as for as accommodations go, but not the nearby attractions of Door County.




We took advantage of our opportunity to eat fish. I guess that is what you do around the lakes. The fish shown is perch - I ended up not being as big a fan of white fish. I do like smoked fish and we purchased some to bring home. I took the image of a guy stoking the smoking tent. He seemed the perfect image for this work and this region. A few minutes after this picture was taken a pickup loaded with wood used by the smokers was rear ended right in front of us. No brakes so the driver must have been distracted and did not see the truck stopped to turn in. Driver of the pickup hit the steering wheel and was taken away by ambulance,








No comments:

Post a Comment