Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Swinging bridge

There are not that many communities on Kauai and I assume all rely heavily on tourists dollars. To attract visitors, you need an attraction. Food works, but there is good food everywhere. You need something like the largest ball of twine or Paul Bunyan and the babe's statues. Hanapepe has a swinging bridge.


This was not like I might imagine a swinging bridge. There was not actual danger of falling between boards that made up the deck of the bridge and it was not held together with ropes. However, it did swing as you walked across it and that sensation was enough to give you a thrill; a small thrill. I amused myself by following Cindy and trying to keep in step and use my opposite foot to see see if I could reduce the sway. Sometimes, you just need to create your own challenges.



No comments:

Post a Comment