Thursday, March 5, 2020

Credit card fraud

We received a fraud alert last night when we were out. Cindy called and found out someone had tried to charge $2700 on our card. The strange thing is the charges were to cover three insurance plans. 

My immediate reaction was one of puzzlement. Of all the things you could use a stolen credit card to purchase, why would anyone use it to pay for insurance? When the charges were denied wouldn’t it be immediately evident who was responsible?  Why three different policies?

I now have no credit card. I have a cash card and my Starbucks card. Cindy does have another card, but not everyone takes American Express. I can’t get another card until I get home so I expect multiple monthly subscriptions to be looking for their money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment