Monday, January 28, 2019

That way madness lies

Tide pools are cool. When the tide goes out each day, water and water creatures are caught in these pools, and are, potentially, available for close observation. So, if you are not into snorkeling, you can still have the opportunity to see some interesting things by venturing out onto the rocks to view these pools.

Unless you are me. Pools are not found in the nice soft and fluffy sand. They are typically areas in rocks and here that means lava rocks that are rough and very slippery when wet. I see kids and agile young people nearly runing across this terrain. I must move slowly in my size 14 shoes (no barefoot exploring for me). My legs are stiff and I must move very carefully and still I slip. One fall in the wrong way and I would spend the rest of my trip with a cast on one part of my body or another. This is worse than walking on ice. BTW - sorry folks in the midwest. Yes, -30 is cold and I do feel very grateful I am here.


Cindy really likes exploring tide pools. She also likes snorkeling. She moves more easily than I do. I did make the effort yesterday and was rewarded with some good photos. Maybe I should get a drone. I would not have to do dangerous things like fly it over the surfers. I could stand in the sand and fly it a few yards away over the tide pools.



Turtle and sea cucumber.


No comments:

Post a Comment