Friday, January 18, 2019

Portland Airport Carpet

 Some places brag about a giant ball of string or a statue of Paul Bunyan. Portland has its airport carpet. Evidently, the pattern (this is the second generation) is a map of the runways. Thanks to my sister Ruth for making sure I appreciated what I was walking on.

Yes, that is my foot. No, my foot did not appear in this photo by accident. I read somewhere that all photography contains a little bit of the self. I don’t see much of me in most of my photos so I wanted to personalize this one in the only way I could come up with on short notice. I think a lot of art is created in this manner. Artists create something and then come up with a story to explain their inspiration.

Every day holds the possibility of some new and exciting discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment