Monday, February 13, 2023

Holey Grail

 The Holey Grail is a taro donut shop. Holey - get it?





The donuts are great and made and decorated while you wait, but cost $14 for a sampler pack (4). You can purchase them individually but I have only visited with others and the 4/14 is the best deal. 

I am not a foodie so I probably don't appreciate the unique experience that is a taro donut. I kind of eat them like I eat other donuts so they disappear before I can actually contemplate just how unique the experience I just had was. I always take pictures and post them so I feel a sense of value from my experience.

Of the different things I have consumed that were made from taro, a donut has been the most pleasing. Poi is clearly an acquired taste. Taro chips seem very much like potato chips. The starchy derivative of the corm (the starchy thing at the base) I suppose is something like flour made from potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment