Friday, August 3, 2018

Settle for pickled herring


Hanging out with younger folks can be a challenge. For today's activity, our group decided to hike to an overlook near the sea caves. You have probably seen the photos of kayakers exploring these caves or maybe the brave souls who walk out to the caves when the lake freezes in winter. We decided on a hike - a 4.6 mile "moderate" difficulty hike. I am not much of a hiker. I consider myself a city stroller and walk 1.3 miles or so to my coffee shop (and back) frequently. I have difficulty with hiking conditions - sharp downhills with steps are a particular problem - bad feet/ankles from too many years of basketball I claim as the cause for my problem. Moderate turned out to be more difficult than I could handle and rather than slowing the young folks down, Cindy, Kaia, and I turned around after a mile or so. I did make my 10,000 steps today. The good photos were at the end of the hike, but I am a purist and only post the images I take.

All I could come up with is this picture of pickled herring. I ordered this delicacy a few years ago and may have posted a similar picture, but I am a fan of pickled herring and I ordered this appetizer again today because I remembered how good it was. My feet may be in decline, but my memory is great. Same reaction to the delicacy this time. Last time we tried to find a place to purchase some to take with us, but could not find an outlet in Bayfield.



I recommend iBuprofen for sore feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment