Friday, February 2, 2018

Beaches


Kauai beaches have an interesting characteristic. All beaches are considered public. It does not matter what homes, hotels or eating establishments are located on the beach, the beach itself is public. This is a partial view from the St. Regis. This hotel is very expensive and very luxurious. The beach area features multiple pools, several bars. cabanas, employees with towels, chairs, etc. If you look carefully, you will see that all of this ends at a certain point and the area directly by the water is public (sand only).

The condo we rent is about 1/3 mile up the road. Cindy likes to walk to the St Regis and then take the stairs down to the beach and then return. 


I am not a fan of stairs. The hotel allows anyone to use the elevators to reach the beach so I ride down and walk up. The may sound strange to some, but I have some difficulty walking down stairs. My feet are large (14). I am a toe walker (meaning the front of my foot is typically past the front of the step and my weight is too far forward) and I have trouble lowering myself step to step. Going up raises my heart rate, but I have no issue with balance. My typical walk targets a coffee shop. Two miles away, but no steps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment