Monday, January 16, 2017

Mystery flower

I am typically a tech blogger and only become a travel blogger when I travel (makes sense). I thought I would try to combine my interests. One issue you often have when travelling is being unable to identify unique things you see in a new location. I like to take pictures and I often end up with pretty pictures without useful labels. I thought perhaps tech might help me out.

I tried two photo identiication services.

The first is from Wolfram (you may know as Wolfram).


I don't think so - at least the two pictures don't really match. Wolfram looks like a learning system in which the service makes a guess and then I assume the system attempts to improve itself. 

Google also offers a photo identification service - Google search by image.


Google identified my image as "flower". Also not particularly helpful. Google does provide "similar" images. In this case, if the photographer know what he/she was photographing and attached a label, I would have better luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment