Thursday, February 8, 2024

Popup Library

 Next to coffee shops, libraries are one of my favorite places to hang out. Both locations provide an atmosphere I think encourages me to be productive. I think others feel the same way even though some places are more isolated and quiet.

As soon as we returned to Princeville we noticed that large plastic barrier around the library and several outbuildings consistent with a major remodeling project. No library time on this trip. 



The library is on the path I take when I walk home and I noticed this small trailer outside the fence. I investigated and saw the sign indicating the building was a pop-up library. The building was locked, but today it was open and I spent a little time inside talking with the librarian. I told her it reminded me of the bookmobile I grew up with. I thought maybe you could leave a request and they would track down a book inside and save it for a future visit. Not the case. Books are rotated through from other regional libraries. I thought the two computer stations were an interesting choice in such a small space, but I guess many depend on library computers to meet personal needs.




No comments:

Post a Comment